Saturday 23 April 2011

Moab & Indian Creek

  Every time I come to Moab I like this place more and more. It is a perfect spot to climb and highline. Moab is also well known in the BASE jumping community. Due to my current knee injury my main focus right now is to climb as much as I can ... I managed to climb 45 routes at different walls in Indian Creek and the Potash crag "Wall Street". I think my best climbing experience so far was "Fine Jade" on the tower (The Rectory) in the Castle Valley with Charlie Long and Thomas Sloss. I feel like I'm getting better at climbing again. Although climbing cracks is a hard learning process, I still hate ring-locks and thin off-widths.
 Besides climbing I sent 4 highlines and had a blast with a lot of friends. Faith came to Moab about week ago, and sent two highlines on the "Frog" Tower during super windy weather. Later that day with Andy we took down both lines and hiked tons of gear back to the cars. Sender Films made some awesome footage with Andy, can't wait to see the movie ...

We are planning on more "practice" climbing in Indian Creek, highlining at the "Slackhouse" area, putting up a new line, and hopefully climbing the "The Bridger Jacks" and repeating the highline on it. The last target on our list is the "North Face" on the Castleton Tower.

Unfortunately so far the weather doesn't want to cooperate ... We need to rest for few days before we can focus again on our goals. The bright site of that situation is that I can focus on the work I have to do and heal the crack wounds ... More movies to come as soon as I will get a laptop with an editing program on it ;)

For now enjoy few photos from the last highline and longline action (by Jared Alden) ...

90ft. midline


"What am I doing?!" - quite windy ...
410' longline, Old City Park, Moab, UT
We would like to thank Five Ten for the additional gear support!

Peace & SlackOn!
Janek

No comments:

Post a Comment